Monday, May 18, 2009

Atlantic City Cards and Dice Cake


One of the lessons I must remember is never to throw my digital camera on the floor!

Fortunately my backup is the sketch I drew for my customer of a custom cake for her parents' 60th Wedding Anniversary party in Springfield NJ, that would play on the theme of their frequent trips Atlantic City.

This two tier vanilla cake had a chocolate ganache filling and the fondant colors reflected the black, white and red from a set of playing cards. Decorations included silver chocolate coins, gambling chips, colored roulette balls and cut our shapes from the card suits. We finally added several personal touches requested by the daughter, such as sugar paste figurines of the three grandchildren and even a set of eyeglasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment