Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chrysler Building Cake


I was asked to make a skyscraper cake in the form of the Chrysler building for a joint birthday party in New York City. Two lights are on in the building with the cleaning ladies inside tidying up!

Our customers are also fans of their Audi cars, so we incorporated those modeled from sugar paste, along with two dancing 2D figurines. The cake is constructed with mixed tiers of yellow vanilla cake and Madagascar vanilla bean filling, as well as almond pound cake with passion fruit cream filling.

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly the sort of thing I need help creating myself. How exactly did you go about icing the cake? I need to make one for my University course and I've been struggling with ideas on how to get the icing on without gravity getting hold. My other question is, is it a bad idea to bake and then cut the sponge to the right shape? I'd appreciate any advice!

    ReplyDelete